Summer 2015 will soon be at a close and Fall is right around the corner. That means cooler days, Halloween, and road trips to enjoy the Autumn colors. It is also means taking some time to care for your car. Here are some car care and Fall driving tips to consider:
- Shorter days require more dependency on clear headlights. Foggy headlights are less effective than clear ones putting you and your passengers at risk. Pickup Wipe New Headlights and return your headlights to new again for just $10 and a few minutes time.
- Check your battery! Battery life can reduce from the extreme summer heat.
- Check your tires! Changing temperatures affect tire pressure. All tires should be filled to their recommended tire pressure and checked for tire wear. Don’t forget to check your spare tire. Be mindful that Autumn often means wet leaves on the road.
- Fall is a great time to check your air filters and wiper blades! Old Man Winter comes next! Get prepared!
- Avoid parking your car over piles of dry fallen leaves. Your catalytic converter could spark a fire.
- Keep your eye out for deer. Fall is deer mating season, so the danger of a deer darting onto a road, especially between dusk and dawn, increases.
- Fall means back to school and children are out on the streets earlier than in the Summer. Take it slow and be mindful of children running in the street.
- Be mindful of the weather. Fall weather conditions can change abruptly. Thunderstorms, sleet, hail and even snow are not that unusual.
- Roads covered with a summer’s worth of grease can become slick when wet or covered with early morning frost, so anticipate those conditions and be careful.