IMPORTANT PLEASE READ IN ENTIRETY PRIOR TO USE
Wipe New Contents Include:
1 Precision Wipe-itTM infused with Wipe New
1 Professional Lens Polishing Pad
1 Pair of Nitrile Gloves
1 Microfiber Towel
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT WIPE NEW:
- One Wipe-It contains enough Wipe New to treat the exterior of multiple headlight lenses. Prep the exterior of all lenses intended for application at the same time, so that one Wipe-It can be used to treat them. Once the Wipe-It is opened it begins to cure. Do not open the Wipe-It until needed and complete the application within a few minutes.
- Wipe New Headlight Restore is designed to remove years of fading and oxidation from the exterior surface of acrylic headlight lenses. Wipe New will not repair any damage that has occurred to the inside of the headlight lens (or repair or fill any chips, cracks or other deformities in the lens). Damage to the inside of the headlight lens is not covered under the Limited Warranty.
- When applying Wipe New, wear the protective nitrile gloves and always use it in a well ventilated area. Failure to wear protective gloves may result in injury.
- Let Wipe New dry for 1 hour in a dry, well-ventilated area before touching the treated surface.
- Allow 24 hours after application before exposing treated surface to moisture (rain, dew, sprinklers, car wash, etc).
- Do not apply Wipe New to hot surfaces or in direct sunlight as this may cause the surface to appear streaked. Ensure lenses are clean, dry and cool to ambient temperature before applying Wipe New.
- If Wipe New comes in contact with an unintended surface such as paint, wipe it off immediately with a dry cloth. Within an hour of application (while still undergoing initial cure), acetone may be used to remove Wipe New from a painted surface, but not from plastic or any non-metal surface. Because acetone can damage vehicle parts or paint, it should be used only after checking with the vehicle manufacturer or a Certified Paint Professional as to how to best apply or remove product. After Wipe New has cured, removing it will require the use of a fine polishing compound or high grit automotive sandpaper.
- If Wipe New begins to dry on the applicator cloth, streaking may occur. Once the applicator cloth dries out completely, it cannot be reused and must be discarded (see step 6 for disposal instructions).
- Store Wipe New in a cool dry place and discard within one year of purchase.
WIPE NEW APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- To determine whether you need to use the Professional Lens Polishing Pad, pour water onto your headlight lens. The way the lens looks when wet is the way it will appear once treated with Wipe New. If the lens appears crystal clear when wet (and hazy only when dry), then you do not need to use the Lens Polishing Pad. Simply wash the lens with soap and water, rinse, and proceed to step 4. If the lens is cloudy/hazy when wet, proceed to step 2.
- Wet the headlight lens with water and use the green side of the Lens Polishing Pad to wetsand the headlight lens and remove oxidation. Ensure the lens remains wet while using the Polishing Pad. The oxidation coming off the lens will appear as a brownish colored liquid; continue to rub until this visual indicator is no longer present. IMPORTANT: Do not allow the Polishing Pad to come into contact with painted surfaces as it may scratch these surfaces.
- Re-wet the headlight lens and use the gray side of the Professional Lens Polishing Pad to further polish the headlight lens.
- Dry the lens thoroughly with the included microfiber towel and inspect the surface to ensure oxidation has been removed. If not, repeat steps 2 and 3 on any missed spots. When you can see through the lens while wet, you are ready to apply Wipe New. Repeat steps 1-4 on the all headlights, so that both are prepped and ready at the same time to apply Wipe New. Ensure all lenses are 100% dry prior to proceeding to step 5.
- Put on the chemical resistant gloves, ensure that you are in a well ventilated area and that the headlight lenses are completely dry. Tear open the Wipe-It packet, pull out the applicator cloth and carefully wipe the lens ONE TIME, being careful not to get any Wipe New onto the surrounding paint. If treating multiple lenses, do so before the Wipe-It dries out.
- When finished, set the applicator cloth in a location out of the reach of children and allow it to dry completely prior to discarding (a few hours). The headlights will dry to the touch in about 1 hour. Do not allow treated lenses to come in contact with direct moisture (rain, dew, etc) for 24 hours.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT WIPE NEW:
Do I have to wear gloves and eye protection when using Wipe New?
We recommend wearing the included gloves and using eye protection when applying Wipe New because once dry it can be difficult to remove from your skin, and may irritate skin upon contact. In case of contact with skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water. In case of contact with eyes, hold eye open and thoroughly flush with water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation persists, seek medical attention. (see cautions on back page)
What is the purpose of the Professional Lens Polishing Pad?
The professional lens polishing pad is used to remove oxidation from the lens before applying Wipe New. The green side of the pad has a very fine 2000 grit sand surface that gently removes the oxidation without damaging the acrylic. The gray side of the pad has an even finer 3000 grit surface that will polish the lens prior to applying Wipe New. After prepping the lens, apply Wipe New according to directions.
Is it ok to apply Wipe New in direct sunlight and/or to hot surfaces?
Will being out in the sun speed up the drying process (maybe I’ll need to use a second coat)? For best results, apply Wipe New to a cool surface in a garage, carport or other shaded, well ventilated area. While the sun does speed up the drying process, a hot surface or direct sun can speed drying too much and cause the surface to appear streaked. A second coat of Wipe New will not resolve this issue.
How long does it take for Wipe New to dry? What happens if the treated surface gets wet before it dries completely (Le. morning dew, rain)?
We recommend that you allow 1 hour of drying time before touching the surface and a full 24 hours after applying Wipe New before exposure to moisture of any kind. If the surface gets wet before Wipe New cures, you may see streaking or spotting in the finish. A second coat of Wipe New will not resolve this issue. For best results, we recommend keep-ing the vehicle garaged for 24 hours after application. Another option is to cover it with a car cover (wait at least 1 hour after applying Wipe New before covering). Plastic disposable car covers may be available for purchase for a nominal fee from your local auto parts store. If neither option is feasible, consider applying Wipe New in the morning after the dew has cleared so that you will have nearly a full day of drying time before the dew appears again.
Wipe New damage my clothes?
Wipe New contains no dyes, however, it does harden as it dries and may damage your clothing.
How can I remove Wipe New from a painted surface?
Wipe New is more easily removed from unintended surfaces if it is wiped off immediately. Within the first hour (only) of application, acetone can be used to remove Wipe New from painted surfaces (see acetone product label for cautions). After it has dried, Wipe New can still be removed from paint with a small amount of polishing compound, and a little time and effort. Apply the compound to a clean microfiber cloth and work it into the affected area in a circular motion until Wipe New is removed. Afterward, use a clean microfiber cloth to wipe away any remaining compound residue, then use your preferred polish or wax to restore the shine to the affected area.
Why does the surface look streaked while/immediately after applying Wipe New?Streaking may occur if 1) prior to beginning the surface has not been thoroughly prepped (cleaned with soap and water, free of greases/oils and dust particles), 2) the cloth begins to dry during application, and/or 3) the treated surface is exposed to moisture within 24 hours of application.
CAUTION: VAPOR HARMFUL – Avoid inhalation of vapors. Use only outdoors or in well ventilated areas. If over exposed to vapors, remove to fresh air. If breathing is difficult, seek medical attention immediately.
SKIN & EYE IRRITANT – ALWAYS WEAR SKIN AND EYE PROTECTION. In case of contact with skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water. In case of contact with eyes, hold eye open and thoroughly flush with water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation persists, seek medical attention.
In case of ingestion, do not induce vomiting. Seek medical attention. Store in a cool, dry place. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
For hazardous materials incident spill, leak, fire, exposure, or accident: call Chemtrec day or night within the USA & Canada: 1-800-424-9300 Outside USA & Canada: 1-703-527-3887 (collect calls accepted)
Limited Warranty Wipe New Headlight Restore (“Product”) is guaranteed (“Limited Warranty”) to restore and maintain clarity on the exterior of standard passenger automobile acrylic headlight lenses. Your vehicle will not fail a state inspection due to lack of clarity on the exterior of acrylic headlight lenses for the life of the vehicle when the product is used as directed. Product must be
purchased directly from Wipe New (“Company”), or an authorized retailer of the Product, and used exactly according to instructions supplied with product. You must keep your ORIGINAL receipt or packing slip as proof of purchase.
This Limited Warranty does not cover the Following:
1. Surfaces that have been damaged due to misuse, abuse or accident.
2. Loss of time, loss of use, car rentals, or other incidental damages.
3. Consequential damages (the cost of repairing or replacing property which is damaged if Product does not work properly).
4. Interior/inside surface of acrylic headlight lenses
5. Glass headlight lenses or bulbs
6. Any government issued or private party costs, fines, tickets, accidents or any other claims other than a purchase price refund as described herein.
If you have followed all instructions and warnings and Product fails to perform as advertised, Company will refund your purchase price, excluding shipping & processing costs.
To request a refund, you are required to submit the following to Company for consideration:
1. Your original, legible, receipt showing the date, price and retailer from which Product was purchased (circle product, price and date on the receipt) or, if purchased online directly from the Company website or other authorized retailer, the original, legible, packing slip that accompanied your order that shows the retailer, your order number, date of order, and billing and shipping information. PHOTOCOPIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
2. Legible photo(s) showing the clean surface(s) immediately before Product application.
3. Legible photo(s) of surface(s) “after” Product application that supports your claim
4. Letter explaining your reason for dissatisfaction.
5. Copy of the failed inspection report citing unacceptable headlight clarity.
Please make sure that you submit all required documents. Company will not consider incomplete requests nor will we contact you or return anything to you for resubmission. Company is not responsible for lost or misdirected mail; we recommend that you keep a record of your shipment (i.e. delivery confirmation or certified mail, return receipt requested) to ensure delivery.
Mail to (please do not call—refund requests will NOT be processed over the telephone):
PO Box 2607
Virginia Beach, VA 23450-2607
All refunds will be in the form of a company check unless Product was purchased directly from Company via its website or automated order line. In such cases, refund will be issued via the same means in which payment was received; if paid via check or money order, refund will be issued via company check. If Electronic Payment (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover), a credit will be issued to the same account used for payment. Whether refund is issued in the form of a check or a credit, please expect up to four (4) weeks for receipt allowing 5 to 10 business days in transit for us to receive your correspondence, 5 to 10 business days for us to review and process your claim, and another 5 to 10 business days for your bank to process your credit or for receipt of your refund check by mail. If Electronic Payment and you have not received your refund within the time frame indicated herein, you will need to address such concerns with your credit card company and/or bank directly. If there is a problem, please contact us and we will gladly provide a credit receipt for the refund that was processed.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Void where prohibited by law. Warranty disputes shall be handled pursuant to enclosed arbitration requirements.
PLEASE REVIEW ALL TERMS HEREIN CAREFULLY. THESE TERMS OR USE LIMIT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT RETURN THE PRODUCT, UNOPENED AND UNUSED, WITHIN FOURTEEN (14) DAYS OF PURCHASE.
Product Problem Resolution, Binding Arbitration Agreement and Applicable Law
You agree that the laws of the State of Virginia, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern this Agreement and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Company or its affiliates. You must first call Company at 888.822.3570 and allow Company the opportunity to resolve your claim or dispute. If your claim or dispute is not resolved within sixty (60) days, you may commence arbitration proceedings in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. All arbitration proceedings must be commenced within two (2) years from date claim arises, or claims are waived.
IN THE EVENT OF ANY CONTROVERSY, CLAIM OR DISPUTE BETWEEN THE PARTIES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRODUCT, PRODUCT ADVERTISING OR LABELING, THIS AGREEMENT OR THE BREACH, TERMINATION, ENFORCEMENT, INTERPRETATION OR VALIDITY THEREOF, INCLUDING THE TERMINATION OF THE SCOPE OR APPLICABILITY OF THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE, SHALL BE DETERMINED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION IN VIRGINIA BEACH, VIRGINIA OR IN THE COUNTY IN WHICH THE CONSUMER RESIDES, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF VIRGINIA FOR AGREEMENTS TO BE MADE IN AND TO BE PERFORMED IN VIRGINIA. THE PARTIES, WHICH INCLUDE THE SELLER, THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER, AND ANY USERS AND VEHICLE OWNERS, AGREE THAT THE ARBITRATION SHALL BE ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION (“AAA”) PURSUANT TO ITS RULES AND PROCEDURES AND AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE SELECTED BY THE AAA. THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE NEUTRAL AND INDEPENDENT AND SHALL COMPLY WITH THE AAA CODE OF ETHICS. THE AWARD RENDERED BY THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FINAL AND SHALL NOT BE SUBJECT TO VACATION OR MODIFICATION. JUDGMENT ON THE AWARD MADE BY THE ARBITRATOR MAY BE ENTERED IN ANY COURT HAVING JURISDICTION OVER THE PARTIES. IF EITHER PARTY FAILS TO COMPLY WITH THE ARBITRATOR’S AWARD, THE INJURED PARTY MAY PETITION THE CIRCUIT COURT FOR ENFORCEMENT. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT EITHER PARTY MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN HIS/HER OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. FURTHER, THE PARTIES AGREE THAT THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE PROCEEDINGS OF MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS, AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING. THE PARTIES SHALL SHARE THE COST OF ARBITRATION EQUALLY. IF THE CONSUMER’S SHARE OF THE COST IS GREATER THAN $1,000.00, THE COMPANY WILL PAY THE CONSUMERS SHARE OF COSTS IN EXCESS OF THAT AMOUNT (COSTS OF ARBITRATION SERVICE FOR INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION, NOT ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER FEES). IN THE EVENT A PARTY FAILS TO PROCEED WITH ARBITRATION, UNSUCCESSFULLY CHALLENGES THE ARBITRATOR’S AWARD, OR FAILS TO COMPLY WITH THE ARBITRATOR’S AWARD, THE OTHER PARTY IS ENTITLED TO COSTS OF SUIT, INCLUDING A REASONABLE ATTORNEY’S FEE FOR HAVING TO COMPEL ARBITRATION OR DEFEND OR ENFORCE THE AWARD. THIS SECTION SHALL SURVIVE AND CONTINUE TO BE BINDING ON THE PARTIES IN THE EVENT ANY TERMINATION OR IN THE EVENT OF ANY RETURN OR REFUND. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE REQUIREMENT OF MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION FOR ALL DISPUTES, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY RETURN THE NEW, UNUSED PRODUCT AND ITS PACKAGING WITH YOUR RECEIPT FOR A REFUND TO THE ORIGINAL RETAILER, OR TO THE COMPANY WITHIN 7 DAYS OF PURCHASE.